- We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to reserve a puppy. The deposit will be taken off the total purchase price at pick up time. We take deposits by cash, check, PayPal, credit or debit card. With credit and debit (and sometimes paypal) a 3.5% fee applies. Please keep in mind that there's also MN sales tax of 7.375%.
- Deposits are transferable to different litters within 7 days of age. We do notify everyone on the reservation list once puppies are born with a quick picture, estimated full grown weight, genders, and colors. If you decide on a different puppy after 7 days of age, a new $300 deposit will be required and the previous $300 will be lost. Please keep in mind that one deposit holds one puppy. We have this policy is place so that if a puppy that was reserved becomes available again it compensates us for our time to re- create their profiles, re- update the home page with their availability, get new pictures, schedule appointments with new family’s, and call people back that were inquiring on the puppy prior to a deposit being placed.
- Please take the time to ensure you're ready for the commitment of a puppy.
How Selection Works
Most people will visit us initially in person to meet the parents of the upcoming litters and ask questions. If they decide they’d like to reserve a puppy, they place a $300 deposit. Once someone places a deposit it puts them in an order for first, second, third, fourth, fifth pick, etc of the litter. Whoever has been waiting the longest or left the deposit soonest gets a higher pick of the litter as that’s the only fair way to say which family gets to select their puppy first. Once the puppies are born, I contact those who've left a deposit to tell them what genders and colors were born and confirm their pick of the litter. I also like to send out a newborn picture. Then, once the puppies are 6 weeks of age we require selection to be made. We don’t require selection to be made prior to that as we think it’s important that people see the puppies personalities when picking out their puppy. The puppies looks tend to be more prominent at that time too.
Puppy pick up time
- Our puppies can leave no earlier than 8 weeks of age. If the puppy isn't 2 lbs at that time, the puppy will need to stay with us a minimum of 10 weeks. If we think it's best for the puppies to be with us longer we may delay pick up.
- Some products we recommend and our puppy kit can be found here. It may be beneficial to look this over prior to picking up the puppy.