- We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to reserve a puppy. The deposit will be taken off the total purchase price at pick up time. We take deposits by Venmo, PayPal, or credit/ debit card. With credit and debit (and sometimes paypal) a 3.5% fee applies. Please keep in mind that there's also MN sales tax of 7.375% on the puppy. At pick up time, we do take cash or check.
- Deposits are transferable to different litters within 7 days of age. We do notify everyone on the reservation list once puppies are born with a picture, estimated full grown weight, genders, colors, and an estimated take- home time. If you decide on a different puppy after 7 days of age, a new $300 deposit will be required and the previous $300 will be lost. Please keep in mind that one deposit holds one puppy. We have this policy is place so that if a puppy that was reserved becomes available again it compensates us for our time to re- create their profiles, re- update the home page with their availability, get new pictures, schedule appointments with new families, and call people back that were inquiring on the puppy prior to a deposit being placed.
- Please take the time to ensure you're ready for the commitment of a puppy.
2. How Selection Works
Most people will visit us initially in person to meet the parents of the upcoming litters and ask questions. If they decide they’d like to reserve a puppy they can place a deposit to save their spot for a puppy. When the deposit is placed, it puts them in an order for first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc. on the waiting list. Once puppies are born, I'll start at the top of the deposit/ waiting list and go down the line confirming "picks of the litter." (Keep in mind the 7- day deposit transfer policy.) If someone confirms their "pick of the litter" and that they'd like a puppy from the born litter then we actually require selection to occur at 6 weeks of age once personalities are more prominent. We will then have first pick come out and select their puppy at 6 weeks, followed by second pick visiting after them and picking their puppy of the remaining ones, and so fourth.
- You'll receive newborn pictures, another set of pictures around 11- 15 days of age once their eyes have finally opened, and again at 4 weeks. You'll then be visiting in person at 6 weeks and are able to take your own pictures. We also try to get new pictures at 8 weeks of age before the puppies leave our care. Time permitting we may be able to take 6 week old pictures. Please respect that we are very busy taking care of moms and puppies.
4. Puppy pick up time
- Our puppies can leave at 8 weeks of age at very earliest. This is a state law! We also require that the puppy is close to or exceeding 2 lbs in weight. If the puppy isn't 2 lbs by the 8- week mark we'll very likely delay pick up time for the puppy's safety.
- Some products we recommend and our puppy kit can be found here. It may be beneficial to look this over prior to picking up the puppy.