1. Place a Deposit
- We require a $300 non-refundable deposit to reserve a puppy.
- Payment deposit options: Venmo, Paypal, or Credit/ Debit card. Fees will apply with card transactions and sometimes Paypal.
- Remaining balance payment options for pick- up time: same options as above as well as cash or check.
- All puppies are subject to MN sales tax of 7.375%.
2. What happens after we receive the deposit?
- Once you place the deposit, it'll place your name on a specific litter or deposit/ waiting list.
- Deposits will be placed depending on the date the deposit was received.
3. When the puppies are born!
- When the puppies are born, we'll start at the top of the deposit/ waiting list and work our way down confirming "picks of the litter." (We'll send out newborn pictures and let everyone know what colors, genders, the amount of puppies that were born, and which "pick of the litter" they'd get. Unfortunately, we do not know colors, genders, and sometimes the amount of puppies that will be born until the mom actually delivers the puppies.)
4. SEVEN- Day Deposit Transfer Policy
- Everyone on the deposit/ waiting list then has 7 days from birth to confirm their "pick of the litter" or they can opt to transfer their deposit to a future litter. Everyone can see the newborn pictures of the puppies and determine with their family what their odds are of getting what they want.
- We only allow passing on TWO litters (unless gender/ color requested is not provided in a given litter). When placing a deposit, we expect families to take that as a serious commitment and after passing on two litters, we assume the family is not ready for the commitment of a puppy.
After 7 days, the deposit is no longer transferable and if someone cancels and/or changes their mind their deposit will be lost.
***If someone opts to transfer their deposit, the deposit will be transferred to another litter based off the date that decision was made, NOT the date you originally placed the deposit.***
5. Selection Time!
- Once someone confirms their "pick of the litter," we'll actually require selection to occur at 6 weeks of age once personalities more prominent. We do not require selection to occur until 6 weeks of age, but we recommend knowing if you prefer a male or a female before then.
- We'll schedule first pick to visit first and select their puppy and then we'll schedule second pick to visit (after first pick has done so) so that they can meet the puppies the remaining puppies they're able to select between. After second pick, third pick will visit and so forth.
- You'll receive newborn pictures, another set of pictures around 12- 15 days of age once their eyes have opened, and again around 4-5 weeks of age. You'll then be visiting in person at 6 weeks of age and are able to take your own pictures. Time permitting we may be able to take 6 week old pictures. Please respect that we are very busy taking care of moms and puppies.
7. Puppy pick up time
- PLEASE SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR VET BEFORE TAKING YOUR PUPPY HOME. Veterinary clinics are booking out multiple weeks to months out in advance, and it is important to get them in as soon as you can to get them on preventatives and for their next vaccines!
- Our puppies can leave at 8 weeks of age at very earliest. This is a state law! We also require that the puppy is close to or exceeding 2 lbs in weight. If the puppy isn't 2 lbs by the 8- week mark we'll very likely delay pick up time for the puppy's safety.
- For puppies exceeding 2 lbs in weight, we will hold them for ONE WEEK (until 9 weeks of age) free of charge if necessary. After 9 weeks, we do need to charge a daily care fee of $15 per day. Please understand that there are additional costs associated for caring for the puppy for a longer duration.
- Some products we recommend and our puppy kit can be found here. It may be beneficial to look this over prior to picking up the puppy.